Monday, July 15, 2013

Official Press Release: 'Maps To The Starts' Starts Filming + Synopsis and Details About Rob's Character

ETA: Screendaily relesed the first official image of the movie. A behind the scenes still of Cronenberg, Olivia Williams and John Cusack. Unfortunatelly, no Rob yet. Click for UHQ.
ETA2: Added a second 'Maps To The Stars' image. A still of John Cusack's character (Variety)


"Cosmopolis" star Robert Pattinson is moving from the back seat of a limousine to the front, as "Maps to the Stars," his next collaboration with director David Cronenberg, has started its 30-day shoot, which runs through August in Toronto and Los Angeles.

Entertainment One and Prospero Pictures are co-financing the Los Angeles-set movie, which stars John Cusack, Julianne Moore, Mia Wasikowska, Olivia Williams, Sarah Gadon, Evan Bird and Pattinson.

A contemporary tale exploring the demons of our celebrity-obsessed society, story follows the Weiss family, which is led by Stafford (Cusack), a psychotherapist and life coach who made his fortune with self-help books. His wife (Williams) is the overbearing mother-manager of their 13-year-old son (Bird), a TV star recently out of drug rehab. Their estranged daughter (Wasikowska) has just been released from a psychiatric hospital and befriended a limo driver (Pattinson) who is also an aspiring actor.

One of Stafford's celebrity clients is Havana (Moore), an actress with an unusual new assistant. Havana’s dream of reprising her dead mother’s (Gadon) starring role from the 1960s slowly crumbles while ghosts, death and all manner of vices collide.

Cronenberg is directing "Maps to the Stars" from a script by Bruce Wagner. The film is produced by Prospero Pictures founder Martin Katz, as well as SBS Productions’ Saïd Ben Saïd ("Carnage") and Michel Merkt. Sentient Entertainment's Renee Tab and eOne’s Benedict Carver are exec producing. Integral Films’ Alfred Hürmer co-produces, while longtime Cronenberg collaborator Walter Gasparovic serves as associate producer.

"'Maps to the Stars' marks a return to the shocking and audacious cinema Cronenberg fans love, with a fantastic cast of award-winners and hugely talented newcomers," said Katz.

eOne Films International is handling worldwide rights, and eOne will directly distribute "Maps to the Stars" in the U.S., Canada, the UK and Australia/New Zealand. The film is produced with the support of Telefilm Canada, The Ontario Media Development Corporation, and the Harold Greenberg Fund.

Source

9 comments:

twilightnan said...

Hi to all RPLifers..Iluvthemovies,Haxy,Lisa,nimet,Mayfair,vana,Twilola,no one special...This is great,I bet Rob can't wait to get back working with David Cronenberg again and can't wait to see what Rob's character would look like:)....miss you guys..been busy with RL but RK are always in my heart;)...Lisa...I'm still on board our cruise...please order our favourite shakes and a bottle of chilled white wine ...Iluvthemovies will be joining us for a drink on the top deck ;)...Thank you RPLife for the updates..I have not been commenting lately but I visit daily:)

Iluvthemovies said...

Hi twilightnan and RPLifers, I agree I am certain that Rob is thrilled to be working with DC again. This synopsis is different from what I thought it would be and seems like there are very few similarities to the book I was reading from Bruce Wagner's Dead Stars. I am glad that it seems different because I could not continue with the book, it is far more disturbing and I am glad that Rob is playing a limo driver instead of a paparazzo. Glad to see production is going to start and Rob is again reunited with David.

nimet said...

Hi twilightnan, Haxy, Ilovethemovies, LisaCT, Noonespecial, Mayfair and all the RPlifers. I am very happy we'll be seing Rob soon I hope. I am sorry ladies but something about that Dior commercial,maybe after I see the whole thing...You all know I love Rob, it very well be that foot is bothering the hell out of me, he has forced look on that gorgeous face. Oh well what do I know

Unknown said...

Cusack... *sigh*... I just... ^.^

Get to work Robert !... :P... I'm oddly anxious about this film...

@iluvthemovies I couldn't with the book either... It was so "meh"... and a bit predictable for my taste... Hopefully Cronenberg will put some sparkling, or change everything... :)

X

Elizbeth said...

I am looking forward to this film as well. Three reasons: Cusack, Pattinson, Moore. I've been a Cusack fan forever. He never disappoints. Rob, well, I am so delighted and I look forward to his future projects. I am a fan. Sometimes the book is not so good, but the scriptwriters can do wonders if the synopsis is great. I think they have a great story to tell and I am listening.

twilightnan said...

Hi Iluvthemovies& Nimet and the rest of the RPLifers...you know who you all are ladies:-D...it's great to see the very first official pic of MTTS...it's unfortunate Rob is not on this pic but wonderful to see DC and John Cusack...already seen a manip pic of Rob as a Limo driver ...hat and all!...no one would get off that Limo ride if Rob is driving lol!:)...it's wonderful that Rob is now working on another new project he is lined up to do this year...it will be and exciting 2014 for us!!...maybe Mission Blacklist next:) after MTTS.

Iluvthemovies said...

Hi twilightnan, like you,I am excited to see the first pic and hope we see Rob as a limo driver, that will be so satisfying. @Elizabeth, I agree there are some actors that carry quality in their pockets and Cusack and Moore are two that rarely disappoint when they are on screen. Cusack I have admired since he was in Sixteen Candles and Moore since Robert Altman's Short Cuts, so happy that they are in this movie. @Margarita, usually the book is better than the movie but since this screenplay was before the book was published, I believe the screenplay will be better than the book. So excited to see this film next year and hope it does open at Cannes.

Unknown said...

@iluvthemovies Yeah, I hope so too... And I'm sure Steph and her magic fingers will give us: Rob-putting-on-his-shades-with-some-water-as-background... ^.^
I praise that woman every time they're in Cannes...

villagetalkies said...

A great blog, it has a lot of useful information to me

Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives. As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients. As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.